<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10665157\x26blogName\x3dHot.+Fresh.+Just+For+You!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://hotfreshjustforyou.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://hotfreshjustforyou.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3615394733504523665', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Needs.

I just got back from Costa Rica a few days ago, and it was quite the shock to get home. All the stuff that I have bought seemed to provide me no joy. The night I got home, I stared at my computer screen and all I got were chills of past ghosts haunting me as they always do. The next day, after trying out all my stuff, scrambling for satisfaction, I couldn't get none. After realizing the Stones were right, I turned to one of the only things that seemed familiar, God. There's a book that had been sitting on my desk for a few months and just becoming a party spot for dust. It's called The Knowledge of the Holy, and I decided to pick it up. There was a purple sticky note stuck before chapter 6, entitled "The Self-sufficiency of God," so I thought, "I might as well just read this chapter." One line screamed out to me, "[God's] interest in His creatures arises from His sovereign good pleasure, not from any need those creature can supply nor from any completeness they can bring to Him who is complete in Himself." I was more humbled then than I had been at any point in Costa Rica. God doesn't need me. After reading that, I had a more right picture of God. Throughout the devo's I did in Costa Rica, I kept hearing "view God as BIG" but it never really hit me until then how big God really was. All my carnal desires seemed to wither as I saw an awesome God.
The next thing that began to concern me was my purpose. With so many of my worldly wants melting at once, I was overwhelmed by a feeling of pettiness. I was looking through the Bible for some insight and I came across Proverbs 19:21 that says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart,/but it is the LORD's purpose that/prevails." I went to write down the verse in my journal that takes up more that ten pages of the notebook it is in and there on a page by itself was that verse. I really don't know what my purpose is yet and all I can really do is pray. What possibly could God will for me be? No se, pero I guess I will see. Anyone got any insights to help me out?

2 Comments on this post:

Anonymous Dave in his/her infinite wisdom said...

What is God's will for you? These verses might help: I John 2:15-17; John 12:25,26; Romans 12:1,2.

Be in the Word and on your knees. Ask God for a heart that loves Him and sees the world through His eyes.

Confess your sinfulness, even as the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:14-25.

Reach out to Christ Jesus in faith, laying hold of His righteousness alone: We have none of our own. Romans chapter 4 - 5:1-11.

9:19 PM  
Blogger in_him_2008 in his/her infinite wisdom said...

I know for one I am really glad you read your book. I was thinking last night, and I was thinking, "If he hadn't read that book, if he didn't see that verse, if I had not moved on right after he told me about the book, what would have happened to our relationship?" And I can not tell you how extremely happy I am that God reached out and touched our relationship, in a way that it changed it forever. I strongly beleive that a relationship can not work without Christ in the center. I think this is partly why you were led to this. I dont think it is the whole reason, but i think that God was saying, "Look Rocky, no matter how much you and Shaylee want to control your relationship, if you don't put it in my hands, it wont go anywhere, it wont be successfull. No matter how strong your feelings for one another are, without me, you will struggle." And i think he was showing you, instead of me, because at this point in my life, though i am not proud to say this, if he would have pushed me to read that book, or read the bible, or shown me what he showed you, im not so sure i would have listened. I cant honestly say i would have obeyed. But i sure am glad you did. In this crazy world of sin, it's good to know i have you by my side fighting the spiritual battle with me. And im really excited to see where God takes us in our relationship, and Im really glad this happened. I knew in the back of my mind that God needed to be our foundation, but i hadn't figured out how to put it, or gotten the guts to say that to you. And baby, Im glad you've got guts!!!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home