<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10665157\x26blogName\x3dHot.+Fresh.+Just+For+You!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://hotfreshjustforyou.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://hotfreshjustforyou.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3615394733504523665', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


"When the dog bites and the bee stings..."

This was origionally a journal entry, but I figured I'd put it here, because I can. I kept it exactly as it is in my journal, so enjoy.

So, I just got in a mood to cozy up and write. I got this idea from Laura, and I thought I'd give it a try and see what I came up with. So, the things I love are (in the order I wrote them down):

1. taking a long, warm shower... because I can.
2. when I wake up and my sister has banana bread baked.
3. soccer in the rain
4. playin' my guitar outside on a sunny day with a glass of iced tea.
5. when God stops me dead in my tracks
6. drinking hot chocolate during the 1st snow of the year.
7. When my papa accidentally calls my cell phone.
8. Shaylee's back massages
9. that finger thing during those massages
10. when people see the pain I'm hiding and just lay their hand on my shoulder.
11. when they listen as I vent
12. when people compliment me and it feels sincere
13. the way I don't have to worry about being "mature" or "correct" arround my friends from church.
14. when people actually take interest in all my hobbies & boring things I know.
15. dreaming big, and not doubting it.
16. staring of into the fire
17. gazing at the starry sky in silent awe.
18. trying something new
19. change, even when I don't want it.
20. Peanutt butter & jelly sandwiches (Skippy creamy + Smucker's jam mixed in a bowl first)
21. making people smile from the heart
22. being calm when others panic
23. the storm rather than the calm before it.
24. hiking & leaving the trail and exploring where few people go.
25. When God teaches me something through a tough time.

4 Comments on this post:

Blogger Laura in his/her infinite wisdom said...

rocky- i really like your list, i think it's a lot more insightful than mine though, and now i feel shallow....oh well.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Rocky in his/her infinite wisdom said...

Yeah Laura, you're pretty much the shallowest person I know. Well, besides everybody else I know.

11:22 PM  
Blogger in_him_2008 in his/her infinite wisdom said...

Rocky, you're retarded... and Laura, you arent shallow, a loved your list

1:08 PM  
Blogger nathan in his/her infinite wisdom said...

no, i agree with rocky. which i guess means laura's not shallow. gee shaylee, learn how to read good.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home